Think your 5th chakra may be out of balance? A guided throat chakra meditation may be the answer!
The 5th chakra, or throat chakra, governs your ability to express and to communicate with the world.
Some indications that your throat chakra is indeed out of alignment may be:
- You have trouble communicating your needs, wants, beliefs and aspirations
- When you try to speak truth from your heart, you ‘choke up’ (especially when emotions get heavy)
Here’s a short and simple throat chakra meditation from Mindvalley to help balance your 5th chakra and clear the way for direct but heartful communication.
Guided throat chakra meditation script for healing
- Sit in a comfortable position with your eyes closed.
- Notice and align your thoughts with your breathing as each breath enters through the nostrils and then passes down the back part of the throat and into the lungs.
- Now exhale this breath slowly out of the mouth, making a conscious effort to listen to the “hum” sound that is associated with the air leaving your body.
- When you inhale, the sound will be different and sounds like “so.”
- Repeat this chant that comes from ancient Sanskrit and enjoy the unbroken and clear sound of your voice every time it enters and then leaves your body.
This is a great meditation to do right before meetings, negotiations or important communication of any kind.
If you prefer a guided audio meditation, we found this one (and many others) on YouTube.
If you want to learn additional techniques to open your throat chakra and clear other blocked chakras, you can read more about them here.