If you’ve traveled on the spiritual journey for a while, then you have bumped into the concept of chakras.
Still wondering if they exist? Then this article might have you scratching your head a little, so stick with me!
Your chakras are spinning wheels of energy. They reside in your body from the base of your spine upwards to the crown of your head.
If you have experienced a chakra spinning or opening, it could feel like this:
- Bursting, or flower-opening feeling of flow at the heart chakra
- Tingling sensation on the scalp or top of the head that indicates your crown chakra is opening or becoming more receptive
- Sense of pressure or a tapping sensation between your eyebrows as your third eye chakra opens to intuitive insight
- Pulling sensation under your ribs as the solar plexus chakra makes itself known when your boundaries are pushed
- Sense of balance and poise as you reconnect with your root chakra and get grounded
- Feeling of flow or opening to excitement at the sacral chakra as you meet someone new or get excited about a new idea (the sacral/sexual chakra is about creativity in all its’ forms!)
As you can see from this list, becoming connecting with our chakras isn’t (as yet) a scientific phenomenon at this stage of our personal development, more of a spiritual, emotional and physical one.
Connecting to and opening our chakras can hopefully be a pleasant and enlightening experience, although for some the spiritual path may involve a sudden opening to all chakras simultaneously.
This can result in completely life-changing experiences and a total shift of paradigms from relationships, to life choices, as the body, mind and spirit shift to entirely new dimensions of being.
For most of us on the spiritual journey however (yours truly included), we have a slower path to recognition and connection with our chakras over time.
So, now we’re connected with our chakras, how do we know if they are blocked or restricted?
Here are some simple approaches to get you started.
1. We can work with energy or crystals to see if the ‘spin’ of our chakras is strong and effective.
A crystal pendulum held over a chakra with intention by a friend (or dare I say an energy worker such as myself) will spin slowly or fast to show the openness or strength of a chakra.
2. We can consider our physical state and notice where muscles are tight or joints are sore.
Then look to which chakras are involved in the mix, and start our self-inquiry process from there.
3. Sometimes chakra blocks are a symptom of emotional restriction.
It’s important to learn or remember to connect to our emotions within the body instead of running our mental programs in our head. This way, we can begin to realize that stressful circumstances can cause our chakras themselves to feel tight, contracted or sore.
One example of this concept as a frame of reference in the present time are ‘butterflies’ in the stomach before a public speech, where we wonder emotionally if people will like what we say and therefore accept who we are. The solar plexus chakra will kick in and resonate with our uncertainty and nervous thoughts.
4. Heartache and grief can give us actual feelings of pain and ‘ache’ in the heart chakra region.
As we begin to take on the new vibrational reality of the loss of a relationship and begin to grieve its’ passing, our heart aches with loss and a sense of movement and release as we let go of energetic attachments.
If we don’t grieve the passing of something fully, or don’t know how to release that emotional energy, over time we could cause a block or restriction to grow in the heart chakra by holding on to past memories or beliefs that no longer serve us. The end result could be that we are reluctant to open to new relationships in the future. Our heart, at least for the time being, is ‘closed’.
5. Then sometimes, we just sense intuitively that something is not quite right with one chakra. Or even that something is ‘stuck’ in our Personal Energy Field.
We could perhaps receive these messages through thoughts that pop in, (claircognizance), visions of darkness in our chakras (clairvoyance), just a feeling that we can’t explain, it just is (clairsentience), or auditory messages from our spiritual guidance systems (clairaudience).
What to do when we find or become aware of a block or restriction?
Action of some kind is almost always the answer in my opinion. At the physical level, we are all learning how to become more balanced and healthy.
Many of us work out by lifting weights, running or practicing yoga, for example. Many more people are beginning to understand that a healthy diet is also important for optimal physical health.
The next step in our personal development is to learn more about balancing our Personal Energy Field and learning to access the wisdom stored therein.
One of the places we can start that particular journey is by learning to connect with our chakras; identifying blocks and restrictions, and finding ways to clear them.
Hopefully, this post has given you much food for thought, energetically speaking. While you are mulling this over, I’ll leave you with this thought.
What if some blocks and restrictions in our chakras and/or Personal Energy Fields come not only from present life choices but Past Life choices also? Just a thought, as your chakras continue to spin…