Wondering what the Third Chakra is and how you can know if it’s out of balance?
The Third Chakra, or Solar Plexus Chakra, is located between the naval and lower part of your chest. In Sanskrit, it’s also known as the Manipura chakra.
It deals with issues of willpower, ambition, and action and is weakened by all forms of shame, embarrassment, and self-consciousness.
Physically, it supports your liver, pancreas, gallbladder, stomach, and spleen.
Before we jump into how to know if your Third Chakra is weak, it is helpful to step back and understand some important principles about chakras in general.
Chakras are collecting pools of subtle energy, and subtle energy is by nature susceptible to mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual inputs. Therefore, it is very easy for chakras to get out of balance.
In fact, you can pretty much guarantee that your average day will contain multiple things that will weaken and put your chakras out of balance.
Here are 5 telltale signs that your 3rd chakra is weak
- You see yourself as powerless compared to some and powerful compared to others. This may show up in being overly submissive in some situations and a tyrant in others.
- You have lots of different ways of shaming yourself and frequently feel embarrassed by imagining what other people think about you. It’s not so much that you’re afraid to fail; it’s more that you’re afraid to appear to others to be a failure.
- You see the future as full of danger, and you also see change as a threat. So you play it safe and try to protect what you think you have.
- You’re highly goal-oriented and get your sense of meaning and purpose by your list of accomplishments. If you are not accomplishing something bigger and better, you feel like a failure. You are generally highly stressed and often comment to others how stressed and busy you are as a badge of honor.
- You experience any of the following physical symptoms on a frequent or chronic basis:
- Digestive/stomach problems
- Liver issues
- Pancreas disorders, such as diabetes or hypoglycemia.
5 Ways To Strengthen Your Sacral Chakra
The good news is that it is also simple to bring a weakened 3rd chakra back into balance if you know what to do. Just doing simple things each day can help restore your chakras to their proper balance.
Reflect on gardening. Notice what your proper role is as a gardener in growing life. It is a partnership between you and Life.
There is only so much you can do, and Life does most of it. It’s probably about 1% you and 99% Life. Yet without your 1%, nothing but weeds would grow.
Apply this to your life, goals, projects, and everything you are taking on that is causing you to feel stressed. Trust Life more and relax and refocus on what your 1% role is.
Focus less on accomplishment and more on contribution. Accomplishment is what makes the ego feel valued. Contribution is what the soul is designed to do.
Accomplishment is wholly attached to outcome whereas contribution is not connected to the outcome but is a reward in and of itself.
3. Sound Vibration
Intone the “ah” vowel sound and feel the vibration in your solar plexus area as you hold out the sound. Imagine a bright yellow sun radiating from your solar plexus and sending healing and balancing energy to the vital organs supported by your Third Chakra.
4. Chakra Breath
Do the “Breath of Fire.” The Breath of Fire is a rapid breath through the nose into the solar plexus. Two cycles per second are about the right speed. In out, in out–in one second.
Originate the muscle pumping movement from your solar plexus and let the breath just come in and out by itself. Do this for one minute whenever you are feeling low energy, and it will recharge you.
Perform the “Washing Machine” yoga asana (see illustration).
- Sit cross-legged on the floor.
- Raise both arms to the square and touch the first finger and thumbs of each hand.
- Now rotate your entire upper body at the waist to the left as you breathe in and then to the right as you breathe out.
Go back and forth in this motion for 30-60 seconds. You are cleansing your liver (your body’s primary detoxification organ) as you do this; like squeezing dirty water out of a wet sponge.
Our chakras are part of how we are designed as humans. The better you understand your chakras, the better you will be able to notice when things are out of balance and do something to bring them back into balance.
Remember: Daily Imbalance is Automatic. Daily Balancing Is A Choice
Check us out our great content specifically for chakra and receive a free gift:
Are you experiencing any of the five signs outlined above? Give one of the exercises or techniques to strengthen your Third Chakra a go and let us know how it went!