Rumi, also known as Mawlānā, is one of the world’s greatest poets of all time.
Born in the city of Balkh, located in Northern Afghanistan, this mystical man was heavily influenced by Sufism and had a deep love for humanity.
Throughout the centuries, his poems and quotes have sang to the hearts and souls of millions and millions of people… inspiring greater love, faith, comedy and humanity in the world.
Here are 30 of Rumi’s most inspiring quotes:
1. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” ~ Rumi
2. “Out beyond the world of ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.” ~ Rumi
3. “Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on, get drunk.” ~ Rumi
4. “My religion is love. Every heart is my temple.” ~ Rumi
5. “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.” ~ Rumi
6. “Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.” ~ Rumi
7. “The soul has been given its own ears to hear things the mind does not understand.” ~ Rumi
8. “When the world pushes you down to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray.” ~ Rumi
9. “Submit to love without thinking.” ~ Rumi
10. “My soul is my guide.” ~ Rumi
11. “Let yourself become living poetry.” ~ Rumi
12. “You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.” ~ Rumi
13. “I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying who listens or what they think.” ~ Rumi
14. “Know then that the body is merely a garment. Go seek the wearer, not the cloak.” ~ Rumi
15. “Stop acting so small. You are the entire Universe in ecstatic motion.” ~ Rumi
16. “I crave a love so deep the ocean would be jealous.” ~ Rumi
17. “Do not feel lonely. The entire Universe is inside you.” ~ Rumi
18. “The wound is the place where the light enters you.” ~ Rumi
19. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” ~ Rumi
20. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.” ~ Rumi
21. “They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls?” ~ Rumi
22. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ~ Rumi
23. “If we are irritated by every rub, how will we be polished?” ~ Rumi
24. “With life as short as a half-taken breath, don’t plant anything but love.” ~ Rumi
25. “Be empty of worrying! Think who created the thought. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?” ~ Rumi
26. “The ground’s generosity takes our compost and turns it into beauty! Try to be more like the ground.” ~ Rumi
27. “Go find yourself first, so you can also find me.” ~ Rumi
28. “All doubt, despair and fear become insignificant once the intention of life becomes love.” ~ Rumi
29. “These pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them.” ~ Rumi
30. “I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my soul.” ~ Rumi
Most people think that learning is the key to self-development.It’s how we were raised – when we were young, we studied algebra, read history, and memorized the names of elements on the periodic table.
But once you grow up and experience life, you realize that you can’t ‘learn’ certain things – like personal growth.
Vishen Lakhiani, founder of Mindvalley and New York Times Bestselling author, discovered that the key to self-development was not to ‘learn’, but rather, to ‘transform’.
If You Want To ‘Transform’ And Are Ready To Accelerate Your Own Personal Growth, Then Join Vishen Lakhiani's FREE Masterclass, Where You’ll Learn:
✅ The Framework For Flow: The 3 Big Pillars of Life which will help you to rapidly grow on autopilot, so personal development happens naturally.
✅ How you can harness the energy surrounding you to automatically attract the tools you need to unlock your true potential, allowing you to easily make transformative shifts in your life.
✅ Apply the #1 principle to eliminate obstacles in your life, and subsequently show up as your best self and make a positive impact on the world.