How good are you to yourself? I don’t mean what you buy, how you dress, what you eat, or where you live. I’m talking about what you’re talking about–to yourself.
Positive self-talk is key to successful self-care, and for that matter, a happy, successful life. Self-talk happens whether you like it or not, so I say it’s better to love what you’re sayin’ than cringe and droop from your own words. But I didn’t always feel this way.
I was raised to raise all issue of fear, worry or concern as soon as even a little inkling of an idea of a tiny possibility of a problem arose. “Hope for the best” was not a part of my vocabulary, but “Expect the most obscure and rare worst” was. And let me tell you, it was a real bummer.
By the time I was a young adult, I was wondering why my life seemed to be bad most of the time. Until that is, I started learning from wise teachers about the power of positive self-talk.
From that day to this, I’ve been getting better and better at being aware of my own self-talk and choosing happy, positive things to say to myself. My life keeps getting happier, healthier, and yep, even wealthier with each passing year–yay!
So in honor of excellent self-talk, here are 15 phrases you can use to make you feel good the next time those low-down-dirty ones are getting you down :)
15 Positive Self-Talk Sayings
1. I’m in control of my own thinking, and I choose to think thoughts that make me feel good.
2. Every day my life gets better.
3. I grow healthier with each passing day.
4. All good things come my way.
5. I am happy just because.
6. I laugh easily and often.
7. I am full of life, energy, and laughter.
8. The only thing I need to feel happy is a single breath.
9. I love my life today, and it will be even better tomorrow.
10. I can feel joy and happiness no matter what anyone else does, thinks or says.
11. Happiness is my birthright.
12. I’m willing to speak kindly to myself.
13. I am free of old thinking habits that no longer serve me.
14. I find joy in the simple things in life.
15. I’m grateful for ME.
Give it your best shot! What are your favorite positive self-talk sayings? Share a few with us in the comments below!