We know how easy it is to get overwhelmed with all that’s around you. And having to focus on various things with expectations in the back of your mind can leave you feeling uncertain of what lies ahead.
You may have experienced brain fog to the point where you feel like your most important questions are going unanswered. For this week’s post, we are going to go through the five steps that will help you gain clarity.
Step 1: Take ownership of your lack of clarity
In most instances when we feel lost or indecisive in many aspects of our lives, our own expectations are disconnected with what we are currently operating on. You may feel the pressure to be influenced by friends, family, peers, or societal standards in choosing the direction you want to go. What you have to understand is that clarity is a choice you make. You have to choose what fulfills you. Because in the end, you have to be happy with the choices you’ve made in this lifetime.
Whether you’re clear or not, it’s still a decision. You can choose to have clarity or choose to be unsure. Be honest with yourself and listen to your heart. Take note of what intrigues you and have an open mind. The first step is recognizing that you’re mind is scattered so you can actively seek out effective solutions to point you in the right path.
Step 2: Stop creating the self-fulfilling prophecy
Your thoughts create your reality. If you lack clarity, it is likely that you’re engaging in activities that create just that: uncertainty and fear of the unknown. If you want to get clear on what you want, you have to let go of habits that serve this self-fulfilling prophecy.
If you find yourself clinging to coping mechanisms such as drugs and alcohol to numb the pain, do a deep self reflection and make the commitment to do things that will strengthen your clarity.
Read books or blogs, clean up your diet, and get in the habit of planning your days instead of the reverse. Transformation is the result of small changes that compound overtime.
Step 3: Ask yourself these questions
Now it’s time for you to get real with yourself. Use these questions as a guide in recognizing what you want out of this life and as a reaffirmation of why you chose to seek clarity in the first place.
1. What are you passionate about?
2. What is a goal that you would want to accomplish by the end of your lifetime?
3. Why do you feel like you’re “stuck” or “uncertain”? What situations have you experienced this same feeling?
4. What is one area of your life that you think needs a transformation?
5. List the things you want more of in your life.
6. List the things you want to reduce in your life
7. Why do you feel like you can’t accomplish the things you want in your life?
8. Do you feel indebted to someone or something that you can’t call your life your own? If so, describe in detail why.
9. Reflect on your childhood memories. Think about the earliest time when you were exposed to a situation that produced uncertainty or fear.
10. With these previous questions in mind, configure an step by step action plan to reach your goal.
Step 4: Focus more on the process than the end result
While the result in mind is the end goal, we need to focus on the day to day tasks that lead us to the destination. The way you set out to achieve your goal is the difference between you following through and you losing your motivation. Think of effective and creative ways to do tasks that may be tedious or boring.
Step 5: Rinse and repeat
The four steps that we’ve outlined for you is the process we’ve used to seek clarity in many areas of our life. What you have to remember is that the journey is a marathon, not a sprint. Everything will unravel in the way that it is supposed to. Be committed to growing yourself in all seven areas of life and the solutions will follow.
Lots of love,
Jasmine and Phrieda