Why write for us?
Just as a little intro to FinerMinds, we are published by Mindvalley which is one of the world’s top growth publishing companies and so we are fortunate enough to feature many of the industry experts such as Christie Marie Sheldon, Burt Goldman, Carol Tuttle and Lisa Nichols!
Aside from featuring high profile authors we also want to feature up-and-coming talent whoever they may be – professional, non-professional, young, old…you get the picture!
In a nutshell FinerMinds provides a platform for people to share their personal growth stories, their experiences and generally their teachings to a wonderful, inquisitive and enthusiastic audience of personal growth readers both through our blog and through a weekly newsletter.
So if you have a piece of content which you think our readers can relate to, learn from and be inspired by, then you are more than welcome (and in fact encouraged) to send it across to us.
- Original content! We love our content to be original and exclusive to FinerMinds. We do however accept content that has been previously published but tweaked and/or updated for FinerMinds.
- Word count: Between 600-1500 words. Please include the word count in your submission email.
- Tone: Choose your own unique voice and tone but try to write it with a positive outlook, something that readers can relate to and be inspired by.
- Edit your article before sending it to us! While we’ll always run our roving eyes over your article to ensure there are no typos, it’s always advised you thoroughly check it first, and get someone else to check it too! We get a high volume of submissions, therefore the easier and better presented your article is, the more likely it is to stand out and get published.
- No sales pitch please: We do not accept posts that include a sales pitch or reference products (either the author’s or a third party but we are more than happy to link to your website).
- Topics: The average FinerMinds reader is very much into personal growth with an inclination towards spirituality and the metaphysical. Some of the more popular topics have been related to alternative healing and health, happiness, the Universe, manifesting, meditation, parenting, sex and developing positive habits in all aspects of life.
- Our demographic: Approximately 60% of our readers are female and aged between 40-50 years old.
- Biography: We sincerely appreciate our guest authors and are very proud of their efforts. Unfortunately we cannot compensate for guest posts but we can include a short 2-3 sentence biography and photograph about our guest authors. We are also happy to showcase your other writing samples too by linking to one website (or to your Facebook or Twitter account) in the bio section. For example, we can link to your personal blog or if you have your own business that relates to your article/personal growth. As we’re trying to raise your profile as a writer, please understand that we can’t link to product pages or promote businesses.
- Featured Author Badge: Every FinerMinds guest author will now receive a Featured Author Badge (see below) to embed in their website and which hyperlinks back to their FinerMinds’ post and/or their Author Profile.
Guidelines & Tips:
- When it comes to content and style, our audience best responds to “How To” style guides and lists – for example, “5 Easy Steps To Self-Healing in 5 Minutes” – rather than essays or personal stories, so when writing your article, start with a good catchy intro, then get straight to the point and break any tips or advice up into lists, subheadings or bullets. The main thing is: it should be easy to read and understand (as people tend to only skim read on the Internet).
- Please include any resources that you specifically refer to or quote from throughout your submission.
- Submit your post in a Word Document and/or Google Document.
- We appreciate only one space after a full stop/period for the purpose of starting a new sentence.
- Numbers from 1-9 must be written alphabetically i.e. one, two, three etc and numbers from 10 onwards must be in numeric format i.e. 10, 11, 12 etc.
- Once your post is published, we encourage you to share your post with your friends via email, your website (together with the Featured Author Badge) and social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
Some of Our Top Performing Posts on FinerMinds:
- Could ADHD In Children Be A Gift And Not A Disorder?
- 5 Signs Your First Chakra Is Weak
- 15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy
- 50 Shades Of Purple: The Ultimate Color For Wealth, Balance And Love
- Want To Empower Yourself? Choose Enlightened Endings
- Move Over Green Tea: 5 Health Reasons To Drink Yerba Mate Instead
Ready, Set, Submit!
- Ensure your post has a title and you reference this title in your email submission.
- Your brief bio (less than 100 words) with links to your website, Facebook, Twitter, pages.
- A high resolution headshot or photo of you you’d like us to use for you bio. If possible, attach two different photos not less than 150 x 150 pixels.
- Email the above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bear with us while we review your submission – we receive many submissions, and as we’re only a small team, your patience is kindly appreciated. While we cannot respond to every submission, we can ensure you that we read and carefully review every article we receive with the greatest amount of consideration before making our decision, and if we feel your submission is the right fit for our audience, we will generally respond within 21 days.