There’s no doubt that the brain is a complex, powerful piece of equipment. But what if there was a way for you to get even more out of your brain potential?

From playing piano to problem solving, our brain is responsible for a lotEven when we’re fast asleep, it is keepin’ busy consolidating memories and clearing neurochemical junk leftover from the day’s events.

What if there was a way for you to activate the untapped potential of your mind?

The Truth Behind Our Limited Brain Capacity


Ever heard of the 10% myth? It’s a myth that suggests we use a meager 10% of our brains, leaving 90% of our cognitive capabilities untapped.  No one is entirely sure where the myth came from, but neuroscientists have been trying to quash it for years. Modern brain scans demonstrate the activation of the brain potential during many activities (even sleep!).

We can and do use 100% of our brain potential. But there’s a catchoptimal brain function only occurs under the right circumstances. And you’d be surprised just how uncommon the right circumstances are.

What Can An Optimized Brain Really Do?

It’s important for us to learn how to unlock your brain potential fully. Why? Because a brain firing on all cylinders is capable of a lot more than we realize, including:

  1. Increased memory capacity
  2. More proficient reading
  3. Improved problem solving
  4. Increased creativity

So, what’s keeping us from being the cognitive powerhouses we were born to be? If we really are capable of using 100% of our brains, what’s holding us back?

In a word: distraction.

The rampant increase of using handheld technology has left our neurons frazzled and our attention spans on the decline. Our stunted ability to focus means our powerful, capable brains rarely get the chance to shine.

So, how can we best eliminate distraction and tap into the unlimited potential within?

5 Simple Ways To Unleash Your Unlimited Brain Potential

If you’re ready to explore your mental prowess, here are 5 ways to unlock the power of your brain:

1. Turn off your phone

If you want to reduce the distractions of your day-to-day, taking a break from your phone is a great way to go. But here’s something you might not realize: even when your phone isn’t in your hand, it’s still reducing your ability to focus.

Studies have shown that just having your phone in the same room saps your powers of concentration. If you’ve got a deadline to meet or a project to finish, try putting your phone in another room for a couple hours.

You’ll be astounded by how your performance and work output radically shifts.

2. Get adequate sleep

Sleep deprivation is one of the leading causes of cognitive impairment in Western society. We’re chronically sleep deprived and what’s worse—we think it’s the norm.

Most of us need at least 7.5 hours of sleep a night, but the average American only nets 6 hours and 20 minutes of zzz’s.

Invest in your rest by setting a reasonable bedtime each night and try to limit your caffeine and screen time before bed.

3. Eat for your brain

If you want your brain to become the powerhouse it was destined to be, you’ll need to feed it right.

Superfoods such as blueberries, walnuts, almonds, avocados, and wild salmon all help promote brain health. Add some brain superfoods to your weekly diet for increased learning, memory consolidation, and mental alertness.

4. Meditate

It’s tough to find time for anything these days, but if there’s one thing on this list to invest your time in, it’s this one.

Just five minutes of mindfulness meditation a day can do wonders to help cultivate better awareness and focus. Meditation also helps combat anxiety, which is one of the biggest energy thieves our brain potential contend with.

5. Exercise

As memory and learning expert Jim Kwik says: “What’s good for the heart is usually good for the brain.”

Regular exercise has been linked to better sleep, a better mood, and a boost to the prefrontal cortex that helps give you the edge when it comes to problem-solving.

Don’t have the time or means to hit the gym? Even just a half hour walk around your local park can deliver brain boosting effects!


Are you ready to unleash the true potential of your brain? Let us know which of these suggestions you’d like to try in the comments below!


Anna Hunt

Anna Hunt

Anna Hunt is writer, yoga instructor, mother of three, and lover of healthy food. She’s the founder of and co-editor at Download her latest book, Superfoods Playbook, here.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.