When we feel spiritually connected, we feel peace. But life has a way of insinuating itself into even our most intimate spiritual moments. Whether you’re a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim or Pagan, there are times when life’s little (and not so little) hassles seem to throw you right off into the left field of the human condition – far away from Divine Grace.
So what can you do when the not-so-spiritual aspects of life have you ready to cuss like a sailor or throw in the towel? Try daily positive affirmations for continued spiritual growth. Below are some ideas to get you started. Give ’em a try and see what you think!
- “When you follow your bliss… doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors; and where there wouldn’t be a door for anyone else.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Dear God, Please send to me the spirit of your peace. Then send, dear Lord, the spirit of peace from me to all the world. Amen.” – Marianne Williamson
- “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your heart. Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
- “When I let go of my ‘story’ I create more space for God.” – Dawn DelVecchio
- “And what is it to work with love? … It is to charge all things you fashion with the breath of your own spirit…” – Kahlil Gibran
- “I deepen my experience of God through prayer, meditation, and forgiveness.” – Marianne Williamson
- “God doesn’t look at how much we do, but with how much love we do it.” – Mother Teresa
- “He who is filled with love is filled with God himself.” – Saint Augustine
- “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
- “I am always connected with my Divine Source.” – Dawn DelVecchio
- “In the practice of tolerance, one’s enemy is the best teacher.” – The Dalai Lama
Do you use positive affirmations for spiritual growth and peace? Please share your favorites in the comments below.