For many years my identity and self-worth were wrapped in the decisions of my past and a lifelong diagnosis. Don’t get me wrong; I looked really good on paper. I had crazy amounts of formal education, a coaching certification, a morning TV show segment, awards and titles.
But the truth is, I don’t consider any of my awards, degrees and titles my biggest achievements. Those were easy. The relationship with myself as a result of my diagnosis of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression… or my “hell on earth”), which I received some 10 years ago, is what I’m most proud of.
But this wasn’t always the case. When I received my diagnosis of bipolar disorder 10 years ago, my psychiatrist prescribed a bunch of mood stabilizers (typical of Western medicine). I’m talking total sedation and apathy leading to me gaining a total of 45 pounds.
This went on for about eight years until I had a “moment”; a moment so powerful that I decided to live my life medication-free and heal the natural way by focusing on healing from the inside out.
I am very humble about the lessons I have learnt, and how far I’ve come at being able to I manage my limiting beliefs. I since have a successful business, a deeper connection with myself and others, and live my life free from what society expects or tells me to be.
I often find that people wait to be ready to make a change, to go out and live their dreams. There is no such thing as being ready, so whatever dream you are holding back, just do it, regardless of your fears, reasons, logic or doubts – because you’re ready.
You’re just waiting to be unleashed, to step into your power, and serve humanity.
How do I know this?
We all have fears and beliefs about who we are and what we are capable of, however, at a time where I felt the most helpless in my life, what filled me up was helping another human being. There is no way that our existence on this planet can be enjoyed to maximum fulfillment without serving humanity.
I’m grateful and blessed for my journey. It’s been a long road and along the way I have collected the lessons that were intended for me to learn, grow, and teach. It’s my privilege to share them with you.
1. Never doubt how much YOU MATTER.
2. Go with your gut. Always.
3. What other people think of you isn’t your problem. So mind your business.
4. You’re going to make a lot of mistakes. It will serve you in the long run.
5. Trust that the Universe will always conspire on your behalf.
6. Have fun. Worrying and suffering are optional.
7. Number one spirit killer? Not being you. Take the mask off.
8. Whatever it is that you want to do, just start.
9. The company you keep will either move you forward or hold you back.
10. The path that you have been on is absolutely perfect for where you want to go.
11. Be your word. Everywhere.
12. When in doubt, look within.
13. The most influential relationship that you have is with yourself.
14. If you don’t like the rules, make up new ones.
15. Say yes. Especially to you.
16. You are the love that you seek.
Your time is now, so what are you waiting for?
Vasavi’s battle with a serious medical condition helped her discover the importance of having a loving relationship with herself, what have been some of the greatest lessons you’ve learned throughout your journey?