Have you noticed how much human beings seem to revel in re-living, re-feeling, and, essentially, celebrating past traumatic events such as 9/11, the Holocaust, various weather-related catastrophes and all kinds of shocking occurrences, including personal traumas like deaths in the family? And, that we do so, ostensibly, so that we can honor those involved? What’s up with this?
With the 10th anniversary of the terror attacks of September 11, 2001 upon us, understanding the dynamics of how a focus on such past events affects us and our world is crucial if we want to move higher in vibration and not only experience more harmony, joy and peace but contribute to it.
Here’s the problem with reliving past traumas: Lowering your vibration to “remember” and “pay tribute” through tapping into sadness and fear is not actually honoring of anyone, and contributes to creating even more pain and trauma! The ones who have moved out of this reality as a result of these events would be the first to tell you that. And, while the prevailing view is that we have to keep events fresh in our minds so that they aren’t repeated, such “wisdom” is backwards!
Maintaining a focus on past events doesn’t help us prevent them from happening in the future, it assures that they will happen again.
They may manifest in another form, perhaps, but they will continue to happen because our focus on trauma, and the feelings associated with it, makes us a vibrational match to trauma. What you match with your vibration, you are attracting/creating! Nursing and reviewing and dwelling on past trauma is simply a way to be stuck in the vibration of the trauma. You don’t help anything, transform anything, or prevent anything (except joy) by focusing into the remembered horror and sadness of an event.
Your ego knows this, and because it only exists in the realm of duality, where trauma occurs, it needs to keep you there. So it does whatever It can to keep you hooked into the drama-trauma as a survival strategy—for itself. Egos are like dogs with bones (no offense intended to the canine world!) and are not only loathe to let go of hurts, they like to compound hurt through dwelling on it and magnifying it. That’s because they feed off trauma energy. As a result, dwelling on things—especially traumatic things—and generally offering resistance to the Flow of Love provides a feast for them and keeps them going.
Hanging onto trauma, therefore, is providing sustenance for and ensuring continued dominance of the very facet of humanity that causes the discordant events in the first place!
It’s all a part of the same dynamic. So if you long for peace and harmony, just know that there is no peace or harmony to be found in the human ego; no peace in dwelling on non-peaceful events.
To experience peace, you must opt out of the realm of trauma (what I call “Difficult World”) and opt into the realm of harmony (“Easy World”). Ego, a.k.a. “The Difficult World Dictator,” won’t readily turn loose of your consciousness—it uses every trick in the book to keep control over you, so being aware so as to make higher choices is vital.
The ratings-driven, greed-based media is very aware of the ego’s insatiable appetite for trauma, and issues countless invitations for us to step out of the Flow of Love and into the drama-trauma vibration. Certainly, we can easily get caught up in it, particularly when our heartstrings are being played, but those of us who are more conscious and aware are responsible for staying awake and making higher choices such as refusing the media’s invitation to revisit, relive, and wallow in traumas past or present.
So, as you are presented with opportunities to dwell on the past trauma of 9/11 and other events, keep this perspective in mind:
Your choices may seem insignificant in the larger picture, but your increased consciousness makes your choices carry exponentially more weight vibrationally.
Thus, when you move out of drama-trauma consciousness, you assist everyone in moving back into the Flow and to higher vibrational frequency where a world of harmony awaits us. That is authentic power, my friend.
What are some practical strategies you can use to stay out of Difficult World and keep your vibes high over the next days during what is almost sure to be a thorough rehashing of the events of September 11, 2011 by the media? And, likely, lots of fear-based prognostications about the state of terror on the planet? Here are some ideas:
1) Minimize or eliminate altogether your exposure to media which seeks to engage your sensation-addicted reptilian-brain-driven ego and find uplifting input instead.
2) If you find yourself drawn into thinking about the event, find ways to focus on and celebrate the power of the human spirit demonstrated in tumultuous times instead of dwelling on the tragic and/or fearful aspects. Your appreciation is what will not only truly honor those who lost their lives or experienced the loss of loved ones, it raises your vibration.
3) While you don’t want to dwell on sadness or anger, do not “stuff” any feelings that come up. Allow the feelings to flow—holding them in depresses your vibration. Managing your vibration by keeping your emotional body clear is empowering. Just don’t get trapped in the feelings—act as the observer/manager and allow them to move up and out of you.
4) Maintain an awareness of all that is harmonious and right in this present moment. If things seem chaotic, remember that when a house is remodeled, a big mess precedes improvements. Don’t get sucked into thinking that there is something wrong if something should happen that your ego wants to judge as “bad.” Judgment is one of ego’s primary tools for keeping us trapped in the realm of drama/trauma. Allow without resistance and trust that all is well despite appearances, even if you don’t like or understand what is happening.
5) If you feel moved to act, do something selfless for someone—anyone—without any expectation of a return, not even expecting appreciation. If you do this anonymously, it compounds the vibration-raising power!
6) Get involved in some kind of creative project that so engages your passion and focus you are simply not available to be sucked in to a rehashing of tragedy or a fearful prediction. Your being in “the zone” uplifts the whole of humanity.
7) Perhaps, most powerfully, keep your eager-beaver mind busy radiating Love. Let any mention of 9/11 or of terrorism trigger you to consciously, deliberately radiate Love for however long you feel like doing it—even 10 seconds is vastly powerful. This is most potent when you do it without an agenda and without aiming it at anyone (those things gets your ego involved which drops your vibration and diminishes your radiance and thus, your power). Simply allow your energy to coalesce in your heart center and then send out this Love in all directions at once like light radiates from the sun without concern for who is available to receive it. Let your left brain be in charge of being sure Love is radiating evenly from your heart center. Trust me—that will keep it so busy, it won’t have any room to support ego-based thoughts. Radiating Love in a group is exponentially powerful and feels amazing!