It seems a bit contrary doesn’t it. We always think of luck as just something you have or don’t. But as it turns out, there is a way to “create your own luck.“
Dr. Wiseman has studied why people are lucky and why some others are not and it comes down to 4 traits.
- They create, notice, and act upon chance opportunities that come up.
- They make good decisions using their intuition as well as their logic.
- They have positive expectations about the future.
- They don’t let bad luck get them down; they find a way to turn it into good fortune.
So now that you know, maybe it’s time to hit the slots at Vegas!
Check out the rest of this article for more information on luck creation:
How To Be Lucky
By Paul Sloane from LifeHack.org
Let me give you what might seem a strange piece of advice – be lucky. Sometimes you have good luck and sometimes you have bad luck. But do you have a choice? Can you make your own luck? Dr. Richard Wiseman has studied why some people are lucky and others are not. He advises that there are four main traits that lucky people have that help them to be ‘lucky’.
1. They create, notice, and act upon chance opportunities that come up.
2. They make good decisions using their intuition as well as their logic.
3. They have positive expectations about the future.
4. They don’t let bad luck get them down; they find a way to turn it into good fortune.
There are more details in his book, The Luck Factor.
By changing your attitudes, behaviours and actions you can change your luck. If you see obstacles as opportunities rather than difficulties then you can turn them to your advantage. If you notice unusual things and think laterally you can see novel openings. This is particularly true in the contexts of creativity and innovation.