“When you’re smiling and the whole world smiles with you.” – Louie Armstrong may have given us one of the most famous smiling quotes in history, but he’s in great company. What is it about a grin that’s infectious, and why is it that a little lift at the ends of your mouth can uplift your entire mood?
Research has shown that the physical act of smiling causes physical changes in the body, like bringing about happy feelings and changing the temperature of blood flow to your brain.
We may not know why this works, but we know it does. So how about some smile-inducing smile quotes for a Monday? Here are our top 10 smile quotes, can you think of some more?
1. “If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.” Andy Rooney
2. “The shortest distance between two people is a smile.” Author Unknown
3. “Peace begins with a smile.” Mother Teresa
4. “A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.” Charles Gordy
5. “Most smiles are started by another smile.” Author Unknown
6. “Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.” Janet Lane
7. “Smile – it increases your face value.” Author Unknown
8. “You’re never fully dressed without a smile.” Martin Charnin
9. “If you see a friend without a smile, give him one of yours.” Proverb
10. “Smile! It’s the second best thing you can do with your lips.” Ian Segail
Did we get a smile out of ya? Which was your favorite quote – leave a comment and let us know.