Today is National Thank You Day, and as a token of our gratitude for all the blessings in our lives, we thought some good quotes were in order!
So if the words to give thanks have escaped you, here’s some quotes to get you started. (Is it just us, or can you hear your mother’s voice echoing in your ear with her reminding you that “manners don’t cost a thing”?)
1) “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
2) “I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom.”
3) “In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
4) “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” – Oscar Wilde
5) “Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.”
- Alfred Painter
6) “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
7) “I thank everyone that has caused me to suffer, without you I would have no reason to express myself.” – Anonymous
Is there a quote or a saying you live by regarding gratitude? Perhaps one you also tell your kids, or one you that your mother dutifully handed down to you? Spread the message of saying “thank you” below!